Day off well spent.

On Thursday morning, I usually do child care for the MOPS (mother of pre-school) gathering. But they only meet every other week and today everyone seemed to have different things going on throughout the day so I was given a day off.

I have been wanting to go bike riding down to the Kintai Bridge again and check out a few things. The day was beautiful and a perfect day to spend outside. I also love the fact that Kintai bridge is only about a 15minute relaxed bike ride away.

So I packed my bag with my Bible and notebook, camera, and a little lunch for my day out. It was a great morning.

The view of Kintai bridge from another bridge.
 I always like checking out cafe's though I usually don't get to go since they are always expensive.
There's 3 around this area, and I wanted to check them out and maybe even go to one.
But sadly, the first one I went by was closed for their farming day. Than I rode over to this one, which looks really cute from the outside and their garden has cute homey look to it too. 
But one thing that made me not want to go here, was that the inside of the cafe just didn't match its outside look so I said bye bye to this one and rode to the next one, which also has a nice sigh out side, but this one too...it just didn't look comfortable at all inside.
 So I just continued riding around the place looking for any other possibilities around, but I didn't see anything so I just found myself a nice shady spot under a very big green tree with its leaves falling down blown by the wind. Spent a little bit of time here reading and thinking...
 (by the way...my socks that I bought at H&M in Austria back in 2006 finally got a hole today...)
 Everything I like was here today. Sunshine, cool weather, bike ride, big green trees, benches, icecream...the only thing I am missing is a great company, but that's ok.

 Bought renkon korokke for lunch. I couldn't really taste the renkon, but it was good.
(lotus root croquette)


Comments

Popular Posts