25!


Where has time gone by. On the 20th of January I turned 25. It was just about 10 years ago that I made a decision that changed my life.

Changed my life doesn't mean that it was the day I accepted Jesus as my Savior but made the decision that led me into a relationship with the Lord. I had accepted Jesus into my heart back when I was 4. I always knew what He done for me and believed that I was saved. But from that point to coming to a realization that God wanted a relationship with me took me a while.

10years ago, I made the decision to transfer over to a different Christian school. I had refused going there for few years, and I cried and fought with the idea of it. Thinking back I don't remember the exact reason why I decided to transfer school but the last day that I had to really decide on, I kept praying about it. And about 2 hours before the deadline, I made me decision. I asked my dad to drive me down to the school so I can register for the next school year. As crazy as it felt like, I did. That summer, I flew to the states for my first time and spent about 2 months in Pennsylvania. My prayer during that trip was for God to change me and strengthen me to prepare me to go to a new school after I had gone to the same school for 11years. I was as shy as I could be, hardly spoke in school. Coming back from the states, I don't think there was a drastic change in me, but the new school year was only a week ahead.

End of August came around, and it was time for me to go. The 1st day felt horrible. I knew no one, never had an actual teacher teaching me, everything was different. But as I got use to the place and made some friends, God started working in my heart and I began to see some cool things.

Being the kind of Christian I was back than, for me, Christian just meant going to church, believing what Jesus has done for me, and being good. But for the first time I saw Christians serving God, on fire for Him. And I knew something was different about them from me. That was the first time I heard about the church Calvary Chapel. That is where I met my pastor, my close friends, and brought me to where I am right now.

I'd love to share more, but that is way too much. To summarize, God blows my mind away. From who I was back than 10years ago, is not who I am right now. He has been so faithful to me, and has protected me all my life even when I wasn't really seeking Him. He has protected me from everything possible that young kids could get tempted or even from peer pressure.

God is so good, and I hope you have experienced the same or will experience it soon.

Comments

DEAN said…
Happy Eternal Birthday !
tmiyagi said…
This is good testimony! how God lead you in to His Love and protection.
His plan is perfect. our God is so amazing! Praise the Lord!!

Popular Posts