Day 5: Aloha matsuri

On Tuesday, we were able to help out with the Aloha matsuri that couple of the Calvary Chapel were putting together in Higashimatsushima. A group of people flew all the way from Hawaii and 3other Calvary from Tokyo drove up to do a little festival for the people around the neighborhood. We had lots of food (hamburgers, hot dogs, shoyu chicken plate, yakitori, shaved ice)...a long line for it too...and crafts, games, bouncy house, and entertainment all for free to just encourage the people there.

I was also able to see couple familiar faces from last summer in Tokyo at the festival.

getting things ready.
two of the youngest Miwa girls that I met last summer.
Their family blessed us so much, and it was really good to see them all there.
When I arrived at the place two of them yelled my name and ran up to me and gave me a big hug :)
Kodai.
another kid that I was able to be with last summer at the English school in Fuchu. I love Kodai.
all the people that came out enjoyed the event.working hard...





since it was called Aloha matsuri, they put together a lot of Hula dances.
It was so beautiful watching them hula.

I made my 1st balloon flower all by myself!
I tried last year too, but I was unsuccessful at making the stem part, but this time I succeeded.

Comments

Popular Posts