Yes, I'm here!
I feel like I'm back to my 2nd home. I have been in Europe this past 5days, which feels a lot longer already. It took me about a whole 24hours to finally arrive in Germany from the time I flew out of Okinawa. I had a long layover in Shanghai and a long airplane ride from there. Everything went smooth and arrive in Germany 6:30a.m. on Friday. Katha came and picked me up.
Right before I left the cafe.
To celebrate my trip, I had a spicy chicken and natto maki from Family Mart!
I miss everyone from Okinawa desu!

This is the day I arrived.
My day left like forever after traveling for 24hours and still having a whole day to spend.
After we left the airport, we went over to Barber's house to pick him up and drove to the Bible College, stopped at Lidl to get my choco musli and yogurt (only 39cents for 500g of yogurt!!) and drove to the apartment.
Had some breakfast, took a shower, unpacked, took a quick nap, and we were on our way to the Halle(thrift store) where I saw Anna's mom and few other friends, went to the coffee bar and ordered a House Special latte in German :) and had some cake. Afterwards we went to the villa (where I use to stay) and I went up in to my old rooms and ran up and down the stairs taking linens for a group of people that stayed over weekend for a conference in Siegen. It totally felt like nothing has changed for and that I was doing the same thing I did 3summers ago.
On the left is Katja at the coffe bar. She was my German teacher.
On the top right is me and Katha with lattes and cake.
Katha drove about 160km average...and my German breakfast and myself in my free European clothing.

Saturday morning.
Me, Katha, and the Barbers we took a 4hour drive to Holland to visit our Dutchie friends.
Maareten took us on a little tour of Amsterdam the 1st day, Holland beach on the 2nd day, and on the 3rd we went to Haarlem, which was absolutely a beautiful, cute city. It could easily be one of my favortie cities in Europe already.
Holland, I guess, is know for a few things: bridges, cheese, tulips, and bikes. and there's lots more.
But everyone in Holland ride bikes. And they are all so unique, practical, and stylish.
It made me want one. The middle picture is one of my favorit. Haarlem seriously is such a cute city. on the other hand, Amsterdam is really pretty too, but the atmosphere of the city is dark. Drugs are being dealed openly everywhere and that's one of the big things that the city is known for. I met a group of missions trip team from CC Boise, Idaho, but they are doing some outreach in one of the darkest areas of Amsterdam. so please pray for them.

While we were in Amsterdam, we took a tour of Anne Frank museum.


me and my friends.
The Corrie Ten Boom museum is in Haarlem. It was holiday yesterday (Called the Holy Spirit Day) so the museum was closed...
Sunday, I attened Cross Culture Calvary Chapel in Holland.
We did worship in English and Dutch.
And here's my two Dutch friends: Roelof and Maarten.
I spent 2semesters with them...and I don't remember being so short compared to them...
Roelof and his 2brothers and another guy leads worship at the church. It was cool to see all the brothers serving up front. Roelof played the guitar, his 2nd brother on the harp, and the youngest one on a violin, and the other guy played the box.
my time in Holland.
So this is a little bit of my trip so far. I've only been here 4 full days, but I feel like I've done a month worth of things already.
Comments