Ryukyu Style.

Time sure goes by really fast. I only have 3more days of work including tonight. The first few days started off a bit overwehlming not knowing what to do at all. But as I got use to it, I've been enjoying this job. A little sad that I only can work for a short 3weeks, but it has been a blessing. Last time I gave a quick tour of inside the Ryukyu Mura. So today, I'll give you a quick tour of Okinawa Station Champloo, which is the area I work at.

First off, this is the Okinawan yukata that I get to wear as a uniform. I get really hot in it because it doesn't let air through, and there is no AC or sometimes a fan where I work. I also have this name tag that says my 1st name instead of my last name...because I have a mainlander last name.

I made the thing on the right during my job training...and on the left is the coral lamp stand. It looks really pretty at night when it gets light up. I also made one of these duing my job training, but mine has dissapeared last week. Maybe one of the tourists bought it, and if that's the case, I am pretty happy.

Here's two of my co-workers. One of them comes from Kyoto and the other from Nagoya. They're both only here in Okinawa for about 6 months, or so they have planned. Interestingly I'm the only Okinawan that works at Tida-ya.
Right across from my area is the hand-made leather flipflops. They are quite pricely, but I believe it has the quality of rainbow flipflops or even better. Plus it comes with a warranty!
Toursits.
Those girls in the back work in the section where you get to dress up in traditional Okinawan kimons and have your pictures taken.
And for some reason, it always makes me happy to see this post box...

And my favorite. Hand made seashell accessories and Okinawa print accessories.
Only three more days of work...I want to be a blessing and a light.

Comments

Popular Posts