Ryukyu-mura.

I started "working" at Ryukyu-mura yesterday. Though I'm not really working yet, but I've been learning how to make some stuff. But once my job really starts, I will mainly be teaching the tourists how to make them so I won't be able to enjoy making them much longer.This is the area people sit to make coral light stand, decorate picture frames, and shells with shi-sa's.


These are the jell candles I've made so far...they're pretty hard. Decorating them is fun, but once it comes to have the jell at the right temperture and knowing if it has cool down enough to put other decorations, and trying not to have air bubbles, and etc...they say this is the hardest one there.


On the left is the coral lamp stand I made. Mine is pretty simple, but the one behind mine that another person made is decorated with seashells, glasses, and it has two dolphins on the very top.

And these are my favorites.

Making little crafty stuff with beads. I found out today that the workers there make these Okinawan beads, and some of the other beads are imported from Bali. I wish I could make these things instead of teaching people but oh well, that's my job.


Tomorrow is my last day of learning how to make everything. I'm not sure when excatly I'm going to start working, but I'm a little nervous if I can explain everything well and teach the tourists correctly...ganbarimasu.


Comments

{Anna} said…
Ganbare Tamiko! Im praying for you :)

Popular Posts