I'm a tourist.

The sun's out, so I'm out too. It's been forever since we had a sunny day. It has been raining like crazy this past 2 or 3weeks, and finally yesterday afternoon the sun came out! And it's still sunny today.

I didn't want to miss my chance just in case the sun didn't come back out again this next week, so I headed off to work a little early so I can give myself a free quick tour of Ryukyu Mura, and it was a real quick tour...only 15mins. But hey, I get to go in for free for at least another week, so no worries.

I'm a lonely "tourist." But a happy one. Kijimuna-house...but that was all is there to it.
Within the park, there's different houses with different displays. At one place there was an old Japanese Oba-(grandma) playing the sanshin (a three string Okinawan instrument).
Traditional Okinawa Kimonos.
I see the lasy in the red come by where I work, but I have no clue what her job is here...
There's also a little shisa- factory inside the park.
This is supposively an Okinawa house god. You can see this on top of roofs, in front of doors, and many other places in Okinawa. The one with the open mouth is the male and the closed mouth is the female.

I'm glad I have a stronger and mightier true God that watches over me instead of this clay statues.

Comments

Popular Posts