Korea trip!

I'm back from Korea! We left for our Korea missions trip last Friday and came back Wednesday morning. The trip was awesome and I was really blessed. Before leaving I was a little nervous it being the first missions trip I am going as an intern with students that I haven't really gotten to know yet. I can't say that all the walls are broken down, but I was blessed to get to know them and spend time with them. And I know it has to be God that opened this door for me to go to Korea with the new students. It was the smallest group for missions team ever since the Bible college started here. There were only 4students who went along with myself and Pastor Tom. We were crammed in a van with 11people most of the time, but we had a blast.

Friday night after we checked in to our hotel, we walked around the town for a bit.
Saturday morning we attended the morning Bible study at CC Daejeon and afterwords went to the orphanage to play with the kids. The first we went there, I helped teach English to the older girls, and on Sunday when we came back, I got to play with the younger kids. These kids are wonderful. Even though they have been abandoned by their parents for some reason, they all love each other and take care of each other very well. I wish I could speak Korean so I could have communicated with the little ones.
Saturday night dinner. It was good.

Christina used to be a student in Okinawa last semester. She graduated and now is interning in Korea at the church. It was soooo good to see her. And she is eating this amazing waffle yogurt ice cream that costs less than 200yen!
Also on Saturday night, we headed up to the cherry blossom festival, but as you can see it was already dark we couldn't see anything. It was a good time of fellowship with the Korean people from the church though.

Sunday morning: practicing for worship.
Jesse, who is playing the guitar, attended Okinawa in 2007 during my 2nd semester of CCBC.
Jesse is also graduated and is serving in Korea. He has an amazing character and craziness that keeps everyone entertained. It was good to see him too since I haven't seen him since 2007.

Monday, we went to a place called Hands of Hope, which is a handicap orphanage.
I was a little nervous getting there since it was my 1st time to be with handicapped people.
We played sitting down volleyball game with them which was an icebreaker for us. The game was really fun! We also ate lunch with them and had more fellowship time afterwords.

In this picture, Taliya is helping the girl take pictures on the cellphone.

The Korean girl in the middle, Lil-Hae Young goes to CC Daejeon.
Her English is awesome and she is super cool. Her and her brother hung-out with us a lot.

On Tuesday, the temperature dropped down majorly. I think it was somewhere between 4-7℃.
We went to a Peace museum in Cheonan, which basicly showed us what the Japanese did to the Koreans...it was painful and hurtful to see what my country has done to them.

It was so cold that day, Taliya kept on using Cory as a wind block.

When we went, there were students at the park that day...

...and these kids love white people! The Korean people are way different from the Japanese people. They are not afraid to talk to strangers and are very touchy. Justin was their favorite and they chased him around the cafeteria and in to the museum taking pictures shaking hands, and such...it might of been crazy for these American students, but I was laughing so hard. Gomen ne.

Train ride to near the airport. It was sad to leave the amazing friends we made there. Thank you so much for your kindness!

Wednesday morning at the Korean airport...
Me and Taliya were walking around until it was time for us to board. As we walked around we came to this spot where you can where the Korean traditional clothing for free. As we were getting dressed in them Cory found us and joined in for some fun and memory.
Also if you noticed, I got a haircut in Korea. The scariest haircut ever...the lady who cut my hair try to give me a Korean haircut...and she only spoke Korean. After lots of explaining and translation help this is what I ended up with. I'm starting to like it though I do miss my long hair a bit. Good memories...haha, no more hair cut in Korea. But it was really cheap, about 700yen!
And now I am back in Okinawa back in to the full swings of things. Only a month left of this semester..it's going to fly by!

Comments

andrea k. said…
schönes haar, tamiko-san!
MX said…
たみこさんのブログ、いつ見てもオシャレですね!
Trevor Raichura said…
Looks like you all had a great time, praise the Lord!

Popular Posts