Easter Weekend.
It's such a contrast as I sit here in the Koinonia cafe thinking back to Easter last year when I went on a little outreach to CC Grunstadt. It ridiculously cold that weekend, and I remember it snowing so much last Easter. Good memories. Now I am back in warm Okinawa enjoying the beautiful sunshine in my flip-flops.
Friday was Good Friday. At CC Ginowan we did a dinner potluck and showed the Passion of the Christ with Japanese subtitles on the big screen. It is a painful sight to see all the beatings that Jesus went through and the death on the cross. But at the same time, it makes me so thankful that He took the pain on the cross for all of us that so that we didn't have to get beaten and hung on the cross. I can't express how thankful I am with words.
Saturday. Kelsi, Melissa, and I went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch and with the spur of the moment, we decided to walk down to Tropical beach since it was a beautiful day. I was pretty sure that I was going to be super tired walking to and back from the beach and than going for an outreach in Mihama, but praise God, we met Kristi B. at the store who graciously gave us a ride back to the cafe.
Friday was Good Friday. At CC Ginowan we did a dinner potluck and showed the Passion of the Christ with Japanese subtitles on the big screen. It is a painful sight to see all the beatings that Jesus went through and the death on the cross. But at the same time, it makes me so thankful that He took the pain on the cross for all of us that so that we didn't have to get beaten and hung on the cross. I can't express how thankful I am with words.
Saturday. Kelsi, Melissa, and I went out to a Chinese restaurant for lunch and with the spur of the moment, we decided to walk down to Tropical beach since it was a beautiful day. I was pretty sure that I was going to be super tired walking to and back from the beach and than going for an outreach in Mihama, but praise God, we met Kristi B. at the store who graciously gave us a ride back to the cafe.

Comments
[haha, excuse my poor grammar!]
na tamiko! i totally remembered the snowy last-year easter today. it's much closer to okinawa weather here this year, though!! i've been working on my tan every day for the past 2 weeks, and today i walked all around eiserfeld in a tank top and shorts. crazy!!
miss you and love you! richest blessings on this happiest of all days! Jesus is alive!! please say hi to melissa for me too- you guys are so beautiful! i love seeing your smiling faces on your blog. :)
hejdå!! [tschüss!]
[p.s. i'm learning swedish from sara fuchs!] :)