Akemashite omedeto-gozaimasu.

Happy New Years!

My new year's eve was an interesting one as I spent with a group of random British people. This is my second new year's spent away from Japan and each time I miss celebrating new year's back home. There is something to it to celebrate it with family, friends, and relatives back home rather than being at a random place with random people, but I guess anything is different if you were with random people...

I've been telling Shannon how New Year's is celebrated and Japan, and it is probably one of the biggest holidays in Japan. We sit around with family watching TV while we eat some of the traditional new year's food and what not.

So here I am in England right now in the freezing cold weather that I can see my breath inside the house experiencing the quietness of the British new year's.

As the count down for 2008 ended, my count down for going home started. Only 8 more days than I will be back in warm Okinawa. It's so crazy to think about still. Next Saturday, I will be back to the familiar places, streets, buildings, people, and the language. I haven't spoken barely any Japanese ever since I left home and am a little worried but...it should be fine, ne?

I pray that the year of 2009 will be a blessed one for everyone as we face different challenges. Always remember to keep Him the center of your life and be guided by Him.
I look forward to the things to come and for my next hop out of the island as I am still on my way returning there, hehe.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Tamiko,

we are having some pretty warm weather for January....I pray that you will be welcomed by the warmer weather and the loving hearts of your friends and family here in Okinawa, We all have missed you.

"Akemashite Omedeto-gozaimasu"

Love, Kristy

Popular Posts