The Weeks Events and more.

Last week has gone by real quick and this week seems to be even faster. I've been a little busy. Last week I had one mid-term, which I think I did too good on it...and one essay to write for James class. The week ended with mixture of good and bad things, but I survived through it.

This week is open week so we have about 11guests that are visiting the Bible college for the whole week staying with us in our dorm rooms and attending classes. As for my room, we have one of my roomates mom and sister staying with us, making the room full with 8people. Next week is Speaker's week, and Gayle Erwin be here to speak. I hear he is a great speaker, and if I get everything he says...it will change my life. The school gave us a book called "Jesus Style" by Gayle Erwin to read. I'm pretty excited to hear him teach.

And on Sunday...my "eskimo" boots ...the zipper broke. It had been having problems for a little while now, and I actually went into town to look for a new one before it broke, but they didn't have any that I liked. So now I only have my tennis shoes and flip-flops to wear . sigh. I might go to different store next week to look for a new one.

Now, off to random pictures:

Our very special Monday breakfast! We have different breakfast specials everyday of the week.
Usually on Mondays, we have oatmeals. But this Monday, we went out of our normal routine and made "American" pancakes with American syrup from the states. Izzy wanted to share the blessings his parents brought with him with all of us. I also recruited Sharon to the breakfast crew that morning.
This is Zach. We both together make up the breakfast crew for this semester.
I am reading the book "The Case for Christ" for my apologetics class right now. This is one class that I have never looked forward to ever since I started Bible college. Why? Because the book you, Mark, was reading made it seem way too hard for me. And yes, it won't be an easy class for me, but as I was reading I came across this. A professor named Edwin M. Yamauchi was born in Hawaii in 1937, the son of immigrants from Okinawa! Haha, it made me happy just to see Okinawa in the book.The sun peaked in Siegen yesterday after awhile of depressing weather.And few of my friends from around:

Sharon. She taught me two new songs on the guitar the other day :)
Peter, one of my library buddies.
Melani, Peter, and Guillaume? (We usually just call him, Will)
Many people tell me that they forget that I am Japanese. Alot people just assume I am American...which is a little sad. I feel like I am mis-representing Japan. I totally look Asain, but the way I talk and joke around at times, I guess, makes me more like an American. But I bought this shirt the other day, and I believe it makes me look more Japanese like!
And I have weekend crew this weekend!

Comments

Mark said…
Well, you are the most American J-girl I know. But that's because you grew up surrounded by Americans....

And I don't think you can ever do too good on an exam! ~_~

Popular Posts