Outreach: Leipzig Fall 2008

Leipzig, located in Eastern Germany was a beautiful city. We were blessed with beautiful weather there , in fact, it only rained one day. Our group consisted of 12people: 6guys and 6girls. We stayed at 4different places all about 30minutes walk from the church.

The outreach mostly consisted of passing out fliers for the "Spiel und Shake" (Game and Shake) night we had on Friday, lots of time of prayer, and doing little things in the church. It started out very interesting as many things were disorganized, and honestly I had days that I was really frustrated over things. I'd admit that this was the most stressful outreach I have been on, but at the same time it was the best outreach I have ever been on.

Some of the highlights and what not:
  • Amazing breakfast and other meals.
  • Amazing group, full of fun. Also very international: Americans, Germans, Belgium, and Japanese.
  • 4 or 5 new people, who had received the flier at the streets, came to the "Spiel und Shake" night. I got to talk to 3 little German girls, who I gave the fliers to. My German was horrible, but I played UNO with them and had ridiculous conversations that I could hold with my broken German.
Weird stuff:
  • Umm...I got dog poop the last night I was there...walked into the apartment...touched it with my hand not knowing it was poop. And the story goes on...
  • There's a few "jokes" that we started in Leipzig that I am way too lazy to explain.
  • A van stopped right in front of one of the girls in my team, an old guy came out, took a few pictures of her, and drove away.
  • A drunk guy came up to group of us...I gave him a Bible...he kept talking to us in couple different languages...walked over to where we were playing worship and started singing with them...it was really funny, but he smelled really bad too.
  • At the train station, I was told "Ich liebe dich...(with a kissing sound following)" by some random, probably drunk, guy.
And here are few of the many pictures:
One of our many train stations.
Prayer in the city.



Our team leader: Douglas.

Morning devotion time

Laura witnessing to a hard-headed theologian.



A new thing I like: cobblestones.

Here's the drunk guy singing? while Aaron sings "Oh No, Never Let Go" not knowing he is drunk and completely insane.



There was a huge mirrow in the apartment I stayed at...
There's exactly 80 steps to walk up to this room after a 30minute walk from the church.

The "People Slaughter" Monument.
We don't know why it is called that, but this was the last of our trip.
We had a time of prayer for the things that happened throughout the week as well as prayer for the city and the church.

Comments

Mark said…
I love your pictures. Looks like it was a fun outreach.

And about the previous post, gomen. Anything I can do? I'll pray...
Yasutomo said…
cool pics!!
the city looks so pretty, i wanna go there!!
Sharon said…
Tamiko, have you ever told me before that you have a blogger? i just read the comment you posted about me being a foreign country already... haha, so true. i don't know what i was thinking? perhaps ANOTHER foreign country... anyways. i love all your photo's and the way you tell your stories through them! lovely.

Popular Posts