Kindness.

One of the fruits of the spirit mentioned in Galations 5 is kindness. As I have mentioned before, this semester we are doing a topical devotion every morning on the fruits of the spirit. And this week, the topic is on kindness.

In our devotions/ discussion, one of the staff mentioned it's one of those things that are even valued in the world without any Christian view, which is totally true. Kindness is what anyone can show, yet we cannot show to anyone at anytime in our flesh. At least I know I can't in my flesh.

It hit me pretty hard this morning because I struggle with frustration inside of me against co-workers, peers, and such. I expect people to know what they are doing, and work without wasting time or getting distracted by things around. I easily get frustrated over little things that are not organized or if someone seems to be working very slow or lazily (is that a right word?). Of course I don't go up to them and tell them anything, but it's a constant challenge for me to be kind and graceful or merciful.

It gets ridiculous. I always have to tell myself, "It's ok. Calm Down. Just do your best and don't worry about others..." That's probably why I enjoy working more alone than with others...sigh.

And to add on, I have an essay to write for my James class. I think I will write on "Mercy triumphs over judgement." So hard for me...

Comments

Mark said…
I get that feeling too sometimes, but usually I can get over it. It's more with students that really tick me off though, so I can punish them if I want. heh heh heh

Popular Posts