Cooking?
The things that I am about to tell you takes place in this room that is way too big for one person to be living in...
I went through some experiment trying to cook something decent to eat...
First off, I chopped up some potatoes and onions...cooked it. And than I added some kebap meat, which I wasn't sure if it was still ok or not. The other day, one of the girls told me she ate it and it was still fine. So I thought it would be fine, and it didn't smell bad. But when I started cooking it with the vegetables, it started to smell really bad...I didn't dare take the chance of getting sick or a stomach ache, so there went my dinner in to the bio-bucket.
Yesterday, I cleaned one of the shelves in the apartment. I found all sorts of food and junk including rice. I have never cooked rice in a pot, but I gave myself a go. It turned out pretty good, but not good enough that I would just eat. And also the fact that my stir fry has gone into the trash, I didn't have any "okazu" to eat the rice with...so tomorrow I am planning on making fried rice with it. Just a little worried with the fact that the egg's expiration date is today. Haha...
But don't worry! I made myself something else that I have made before. A real simple dish yet still good. I made some pasta, and then cooked it with cucumbers and ham with salt and grounded black pepper, and topped it off with cheese. It sounds like an interesting combination, but it's pretty good. Plus, everything is free! No need to go spend money when there are stuff laying around that needs to be used...
So this is my way of survival for right now...not to mention that I have been invited to eat this past four days...
Dear mom...Don't be too excited that I am actually trying to "cook"...I don't know how much I will be better at cooking...Just doing what I have to do...
First off, I chopped up some potatoes and onions...cooked it. And than I added some kebap meat, which I wasn't sure if it was still ok or not. The other day, one of the girls told me she ate it and it was still fine. So I thought it would be fine, and it didn't smell bad. But when I started cooking it with the vegetables, it started to smell really bad...I didn't dare take the chance of getting sick or a stomach ache, so there went my dinner in to the bio-bucket.
So this is my way of survival for right now...not to mention that I have been invited to eat this past four days...
Dear mom...Don't be too excited that I am actually trying to "cook"...I don't know how much I will be better at cooking...Just doing what I have to do...

Comments