Turkey

Merhaba! The spelling is probably wrong, but it means hello in Turkish. I got back from Turkey on Sunday morning. It's been quite busy that I haven't had the time to update my blog, but here it is. The trip was really good and also stretching. Our main focus was praying for the people of Turkey since evangelizing is not allowed and the other fact was that we cannot speak Turkish. We were in eastern Turkey. We stayed in two cities by the Black Sea. It was really interesting and nothing that I have experienced before. There are no churches in the cities we visited, and a few Christians but for the danger, they cannot publicly announce it.

The whole Muslim culture was a new thing to me, and it was definitely an eye opener. My main reason for chosing this outreach was because of "prayer." An area that God is trying to stretch me this semester. I am not going to type everything...you will have to come to personally to know what all we did in Turkey. Overall the outreach was great. Since I didn't know much about any of my team members, it was really cool getting to know them.

Just to let you know, the pictures are not in order...blessings.

This is on the way back...
Praying in the neighborhoods.

Turkish tea...cup.



Sumela Monastery.
Turkish teenagers love us...I guess.
Devotion time

The mosque by the hotel.






Thankyou for the prayers!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Awesome Tamiko

I am glad you were able to see Turkey...I hope you had an awesomes time in the LORD.

we miss you and GOD BLESS

In Christ love
Sandra and family
Amber Lea said…
very cool! pictures look awesome! glad you had a good time! :)
yoshi said…
楽しそ~だねぇ。
何か写真見てるだけで、チョッと
トルコに旅行に行った気分になるね。

あぁ。
もしかして、日本語でコメント書いても、
そっちじゃ、エラーになってたりする?

God bless &
enjoy least of your mission!

bye

yoshi
Anonymous said…
honey
im muslim and i went to turkey with a bunch of my christian friends


there is no danger whatsoever of announcing that you are of the christian faith, i went this summer and the summers prior to this one.

Popular Posts