Miyajima.

On Monday, we spent our day sightseeing at Miyajima, which is know to be the most spiritual part of Japan.The island itself is very beautiful, but a spiritually dark place with lots of idols.

This is the famous shrine that is in the water.
 One interesting that I learned about Miyajima is that the fire that gets lit up at the peace park in Okinawa, this cone shape stone is the location of Miyajima.
Another thing that Miyajima is famous for is their wild deer that walks around like cats in the city.
They'll come up to you, walk right beside you...it's weird.

 I tried to take a picture with the deer but kind of got nervous when it came super close to me.

 I had Hiroshima style Okonomiyaki. It's more yakisoba noodles and cabbage, and a thin layer of okonomiyaki and egg sandwiching it,
 A typical Japanese calendar photo! in real life though.

 Kevin is also here from Okinawa as a guest speaker this week.
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful leaves!
 Afterwards, we took the rope way up to the mountain and hiked up to the tallest peak.



Comments

Popular Posts