"Operation Safe" in HIgashimatsushima.
I am back from Higashimatsushima! I was able to go and visit Chuck and Yumi up in Higashimatsushima and also help with the VBS CRASH Japan was hosting. The turn out of kids were really low, but each day we were blessed through what God had prepared for us.
Though it has been two and half years since the disaster, the place is still going through many difficulties. We had the opportunity to help with the program which is called "Operation Safe." It is a trauma care program for the kids. Each day we have different themes to encourage the kids and ultimately connect them to come to know Jesus, who loves each one of them dearly.
Though most of the kids only came for one or two days out of the five days we held the program, we pray that the words that was shared on those days will stick somewhere in their mind and come to receive Jesus Christ as their Savior Lord.
J's Cafe Fellowship in Ishinomaki.
Chuck and Yumi!
Day #2:「みんな大切」 "Everyone is Special"
Day #3:「信じてついて行く」"Believe and Follow"
We actually didn't have any kids show up this day, but we were able to join with the ladies and fellowship with them. May you continue to pray for all those in Tohoku as they still carry many fears and pains in their hearts.
Day #4: 「強くあれ、雄雄しくあれ」 "Be strong and courageous"
The banner with the theme, Bible verse, and the character for each day.
Day #5:「君は愛されている」"You are Loved"
My little buddy. Little Photographer.
And I also got to go to Walking on The Water movie show and take a picture with Tom Curren, who is called to be a legendary surfer! But since I don't surf, I was not sure how excited I was suppose to be. And he is a Christian!
and here is a picture just because :)

Comments