typhoon day.

Okinawa, on a nice beautiful day, the sky looks like this. 
And this is a view from a bathroom window at the church.
 But right now, we are in the middle of the storm...or it has actually past us few hours ago now...
but when I woke up this morning around 6, my fan was still moving. And than I woke up again at 7 and noticed that my fan was off....and we had lost electricity. I had to open up my curtains to get as much light in that I could and read my Bible by the window.
 the view outside wasn't the greatest. the wind blowing and trees broken. The way God designed things are so interesting, and even these typhoons that keeps on coming on the weekends...He's allowing it.
 what to do on a typhoon morning without electricity? I played the piano for a bit and in these times I'd wished that I had taken my piano lessons more diligently or that I had even brought my guitar home from the d-house. Another disadvantage at my house is that we have electric stoves. So when the electricity is out, we can't cook. But praise the Lord we have a little gas stove for emergency cases and for nabe. My dad boiled water so that we can enjoy some hot drinks.
 I had my instant cup of coffee, not as good as the サイフォンcoffee that I always have, but still enjoyable and a piece of chocolate cookie :)
 I think my dad just spent the morning reading while my brother stayed in bed till just before the electricity came back around 10:30.
We are all doing well. Church was canceled this morning, but I am on my way for the evening service soon :)

Comments

Popular Posts