S.O.S
Things has been a little bit busier now that the S.O.S (summer of service) has begun last Monday. 10students arrived last week, mostly from the states and one from Guam, for S.O.S for the next 5weeks or 4weeks. The schedule is similar to the Bible college schedule with devos in the morning and a one class everyday and also a short Japanese class taught by different people everyday.
Last Tuesday we kicked off the S.O.S, which I was able to share a devotion...something that I haven't done ever since my 4th semester in Germany, and also taught my first short Japanese class.
Before the students arrived, we went through some changes in the girl's d-house. Other than all the cleaning and re-arranging that went around the d-house, my dear friend Christina has left to go back to the states for awhile, and she will be no longer be living in the d-house. But as a little farewell/ see you soon "party" we went to On Dish and had some all you can eat icecream :)
Last Friday, CC Ginowan youth group and Kinser youth group got together and had a lock-in. This was my first lock-in that I went to so I was not too excited about it, but it was fun other than the lack of sleep. There were about 30kids there that night and more than half of them stayed up the whole night! We also played tag and bunch of other physically exhausting games, and it once again reminded me that I am no longer young like those teenagers and would rather just chill and watch them play. So in a total I think I got about 3-4hours sleep that entire day because Saturday was also busy. We went to Tedako matsuri that night...



and than came Sunday and Monday...which kept us even busier.
Please keep us in prayer as we continue to stay busy during the summer. Pray that each of the students here will be stretched and challenged and that they will be changed by the time they go home. And also pray for me that He can do the work that He want to do in me as He continues to challenge me and change me.
Last Tuesday we kicked off the S.O.S, which I was able to share a devotion...something that I haven't done ever since my 4th semester in Germany, and also taught my first short Japanese class.
Before the students arrived, we went through some changes in the girl's d-house. Other than all the cleaning and re-arranging that went around the d-house, my dear friend Christina has left to go back to the states for awhile, and she will be no longer be living in the d-house. But as a little farewell/ see you soon "party" we went to On Dish and had some all you can eat icecream :)
Please keep us in prayer as we continue to stay busy during the summer. Pray that each of the students here will be stretched and challenged and that they will be changed by the time they go home. And also pray for me that He can do the work that He want to do in me as He continues to challenge me and change me.

Comments