Auf Wiedersehen Deutschland!

That's right. I am leaving Germany on Tuesday! At least for a while...I will be back before the semester starts. Everything came up yesterday the 10th, and the decision was made in the matter of 2hours or so.

I received an e-mail from Sandra with a title "Urgent request for you." So things moved rather quickly than anything that I could have expected. Arrangements were made and the tickets purchased, and now I am headed to England! I will be helping with watching kids of someone that I am going to meet soon and will be able to be a part of the work God is doing in England right now!

And as for the change, I am going from living alone to staying with bunches of people including kids. Working in the thrift store to...working with kids. Saying "hello" or "hi" instead of "hallo." Trying to speak German to trying to understand British English. It'll be fun...

I have enjoyed living alone this past two weeks. This could be the only time I ever get to experience it, or maybe it could be a preparation for the future. Either way, I liked it very much. It also put me in a situation that I had to cook for myself, buy food, and etc., and I know it was a needed experience.

And as for the thrift store...I may be back to work in there again... I enjoyed meeting new people from the church even though I only got to work with them a few times. Tabea, who celebrated her birthday today, has been a blessing to work with. Though her English is not really good and my German is worse, but we somehow mananged to hold a conversation. Half of the time she would just go on in German...with few English words to help me get the idea of what she is talking about. It's been really good, and I will miss seeing her but I will be back soon enough.

And for a random fact, I was able to chat with Yalun didi (Aaron Meigide) and hear the things he is going through. Being here and partly my own fault, I have no clue what's going in the world half of the time. If interested, go check his blog. (I am too lazy to do all the linking stuff that all you "legit'" people..(in the words of Douglas)...do all the time...so click his name on the side! And pray for things going on there. And I also need to remind myself about that...)

So yeah, I am leaving for England on the 15th. Praise God for how everything worked out. I am simply amazed!

Comments

andrea k. said…
wie toll, tamiko!
viel spaß in Großbritannien! :) wann kommst du nach Deutschland zurück?
ich hab dich lieb, und ich werde beten für dich!
ciaoie,
a.

Popular Posts