.Devotion.

This morning Jayme did the last devotion for this semester, and also her last one as a Bible college student. It really encouraged me and spoke to my heart. She shared from Isaiah 43: 18-21, but verse 18-19 just hit the spot.

"Do not remember the former things, nor consider the things of the old. Behold I will do a new thing, now it shall spring forth; shall you know it? I will even make a road in the wilderness and rivers in the desert."

Her title to this devotion was "don't hold on." And I think this is pretty much the one thing that I knew that I was doing this whole semester. I knew I couldn't or should't hold on to the past. There were number of times that I told myself to "move on" "let go" but my heart didn't want to. I wanted to hold on to everything I possibly can, and I knew by doing that I will be missing the new blessings He had for me. And I believe I did miss some of those blessings that He wanted to bless me with, but still He always blesses me...


The semester ends tomorrow, and I believe this semester has been challenging to me in many ways. I'm still not sure of what all God did to me throughout the semester, but there were many times that I was just disappointed about myself knowing the sinful, ugly heart that I have.

Walking down the street, I just wished for a pure heart, a peace in my heart...
I pray that He will conitnue to change me and mold me into the person He wants me to be...
And next time, I will remember and try my best to look forward, to run to the new place He has for me...but I will still look back at times at all that He has blessed me with and look foward for the new blessings.

Comments

Popular Posts